Principles of Drafting and Shop Drawings
This course is designed to introduce the student to the principles of drafting and shop drawings. It describes the primary types of mechanical drawings used for shop drawings. It endeavors to teach the students how to read shop drawings through visual identification of lines, symbols and more.
This course is part of our Carpentry series.
Full illustrations and diagrams included.
- Drafting and Shop Drawing Fundamentals
- Orthographic projection theory and freehand drafting
- Drafting instruments and the fundamentals of geometric construction
- Theory and fundamentals of pictorial drawings: oblique and isometric projection
- Identify shop terms, abbreviations, and dimensioning elements
- Interpret a shop drawing